Tuesday 25 July 2000

Extra Chapter between 66 and 67


Eddie's POV

We arrived back just in time for Nessie and Jacob, Chloe and I agreed we wouldn’t tell them about our little adventure to the moon pool just yet, since I wasn’t even convinced she was pregnant, she had no signs what so ever. 

“hey little brother” Nessie smiled at me when I opened the door. I smiled back and pulled her into a hug. 

“hi” I said and smiled at Jacob behind her. 

“so what have you two been up to over here?” Jake asked as we walked into the large living room. I laughed awkwardly. 

“probably exactly what you two have been up to” I grinned at them. 

“hiking? Swimming and playing lots of board games?” he asked casually. 

“if that’s what you do on your honeymoons how come William even exists?” I asked with a cocky smile. Renesmee rolled her eyes as Chloe came into the living room. 

“it was the French water that made Nessie pregnant” Jacob grinned and it was my turn to roll my eyes. 

“im sure it was the French hotel and the big French bed and you may have played a part too.” Nessie smiled at us. 

“hey!” Chloe exclaimed and came over to hug my sister and then Jacob. 

“no board games?” Jacob asked, he was finding it hard to keep the smile off his face now. 

“what?” she asked. 

“ignore him.” I told her and pulled her onto my lap, renesmee smiled at us and I quickly kissed chloe’s bare shoulder. 

“so, how long you guys planning on staying?” Nessie asked, Jacob trying to pull her onto his lap but she resisted and rested the back of her head on his shoulder instead. 

“dunno, a few weeks I guess, this place is amazing” Chloe grinned. “im sure we’ll be back soon though, depending on how things go” she said then wiggled her eyebrows slightly. 

“oh!” Nessie grinned, “so you guys gunna be going to the moon pool? That’s so exciting!” 

“maybe. We don’t know if it will work” I said carefully. 

“why wouldn’t it?” she asked with a frown and I shrugged, absently brushing my hand over chloe’s stomach quickly, Nessie hadn’t noticed it but I think Jacob had. 

“we’ll see” chloe said then, patting my hand on her thigh. 

“lets change the subject. Have you really been hiking and playing board games?” I asked looking at Jacob. Nessie blushed and Jacob just grinned before he shook his head. 

“thought not.” I mumbled. 

“we did hike. For one day, Nessie got scared though, we made it to the top of the island and there was this really steep cliff face that ran a good few hundred metres down. It was really pretty but Nessie was shitting herself.” Jacob grinned. 

“I was not! But it was high” she said and slapped his leg. I smiled at my sister. 

“I cant say we’ve seen much of the island. We have taken a few walks on the beach but that’s it” I said. 

“maybe we should hike sometime” chloe said looking towards me, my eyes flickered to her stomach for just a moment. I wasn’t convinced she was pregnant, but if she was, was hiking up mountains smart? 

“maybe” I said to her and she turned back to face Nessie and jake. 

Chloe and Nessie went into full scale girly talk. Jacob and I mostly sat there, talking when it was appropriate but we decided it was better to leave them to it. Jacob followed me out to the front of the house. 

“so shes pregnant?” he asked me as we both sat at the edge of the patio. 

“I dunno” I told him. He frowned at me. “we went to the moon pool 2 weeks ago. My mom was showing with me after a week. I don’t think it worked.” I told him. I noticed the sadness in my voice. 

“you can always go again. Maybe you didn’t time it right. Hasn’t the moon gotta be at the right point in the sky and stuff like that?” he asked. 

“Jacob there was not one second the whole night we weren’t having sex.” I said and raised my eyebrows at him. He chuckled awkwardly and shook his head. 

“vampires.” He mumbled and I smiled to my self before looking back at the horizon. I think he was implying that him and Nessie were still part human so they had to sleep. Chloe and I, however, did not. 

“well I hope it worked for you” he said to me. 

“me too” I replied with a sigh and we fell to silence. 

Jacob and Nessie were only here for an hour or so before they had to leave to catch their flight back. I held my sister in a hug and breathed in her homely scent. 

“see you soon” she said and pulled away from me with a smile. I watched them walk towards the boat and Chloe took my hand. I looked to her to see her hand over her stomach as she watched Nessie and Jake sail away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment