Tuesday 25 July 2000

Continuation of Chapter 64


Chloe's POV

Most of the wedding was held inside the house, since half the wedding party sparkled and we couldn’t stay under the canopy 100% of the time. 

We weren’t having a meal as such, it was more like a very large buffet, that way the vampires could get away with not eating in front of humans. There weren’t many humans that didn’t know about us but we had to stay safe. 

When it came to the speeches I was cringing. I knew my dad had made one, so had Jacob and Nessie. As far as I was aware eddie wasn’t doing one. 

First was my dad, and I knew he didn’t have anything embarrassing to say so I was rather relaxed. 

“im not very good at this sort of thing, so I apologize in advance” he chuckled nervously as he stood up at the podium Alice had set up. “for those of you that don’t know me, im Chloe’s father, if that wasn’t obvious. I haven’t always been in Chloe’s life and its been the biggest regret of my life, not getting to know my daughter as she grew up. Her mother and I weren’t getting on very well when chloe was born. I was too young to be a father at the time, I didn’t want children but Alyssa did. Im ashamed to say I left my wife and child and didn’t return for 15 years. When chloe was 16 I came back and begged her mother to give me another chance and so she said she would, but she had to get to know me again first before we told chloe who I was. Initially Chloe didn’t like me, and that hurt me, but then I had to remind myself that she had no idea who I was, to her I was just some random guy that was dating her mother. I knew that telling chloe who I was was going to bring up a million and one issues between us so when her mother died and I was the one that had to explain everything it came as a shock to me. Its heartbreaking to I and probably chloe to know that Alyssa isn’t here, I know this day would have meant everything to her. Alyssa loved her daughter very much, and it saddens me that she was taken before she got a chance at seeing her daughter happy, at seeing her grandchildren. Never the less, Alyssa brought chloe and I together, we were both grieving the loss of someone we both loved and seeing chloe I knew I couldn’t lose her too. I met Eddie not long after I met chloe, from my initial reaction he seemed over protective and quick to judge, but getting to know him and my daughter I saw that eddie is everything she needs, whilst I was shocked to hear that they were getting married so early on I expected it. Seeing them together is like seeing a 40 year old couple together, their age shouldn’t stop them from being happy. Eddie I hope you look after my girl, because I realise I haven’t over the years and she needs someone to take care of her, no matter how strong she tries to come across. You were there for her during probably the most darkest time in her life and I hope you show that much compassion and love for her in the future. To the bride and groom.” He said and lifted his glass for a toast, everyone chorused ‘to the bride and groom’ and my father sat down. I was almost crying at his mention of my mother and I walked over to hug him. 

“Ok so apparently its me next and I suck at speeches, I didn’t too well at my own wedding and im not gunna do too well at this one. So im going to keep it short. Eddie is my best friend, ive felt like ive known him his whole life, I was a family friend of the cullens for a while and when Eddie joined the family he was only a kid, but seeing his connection with Renesmee proved his time worthwhile. 

“how old is Jacob?” my father asked me part way through jacob’s speech. 

“27” I answered quickly. Trying to remember the ‘cover’ story we set up so long ago. 

“oh wow, hes quite a bit older than renesmee then” he answered and I shrugged. 

“9 years” I lied. 

“how old was he when eddie joined the cullens?” he asked. I frowned, trying to work it out quickly. 

“19 I think” I said. 

“ah” he nodded and turned back to listen to Jacob. 

“Ive grown to think of Eddie as my brother and I know my wife is extremely happy to have her best friend as her new sister. So welcome to the family Chloe. I know you’ll fit in well” he said before winking to me. I rolled my eyes at his vampire hint. 

“ok I have never done a speech in my life and to avoid embarrassing my brother and my new sister im just going to say that, knowing you both I knew from the start how perfect you were together. It took me a while to get you both to admit your feelings but it was worth it. Im ridiculously happy to have you join my family Chloe. I love you. Thank you for making my brother happy” Renesmee said and I could see a tear falling from her eye. I went to hug her and we both giggled. 

“Im not doing a speech, I just want to say thank you to Nessie, for pushing Chloe and I together” Eddie said then smiling at his sister who I was still hugging at the side of the stage. “and thank you for all making your way out here to celebrate my marriage to my beautiful bride.” He grinned at everyone watching and lifted his glass before turning to me to smile. If I was human id have blushed. He walked over to me and took my hand. 

“may I have this dance Mrs Cullen?” he asked with his gorgeous smile that made my knees weak. I merely nodded and Nessie giggled as she let me go. 

After dancing with Eddie I danced with Edward, which was surprising fun. He was a much better dancer than his son, you could tell he was from a different time period as he danced, Eddie was a gentleman but Edward was a whole different league. I felt like a princess in her fathers arms. After Edward I danced with my father, which was awkward. Edward was more of my father than my real dad was, I never really admitted it since I felt bad for my dad but as he mentioned in his speech, he hasn’t been there most of my life. I finished my dance with my dad and was interrupted by Jacob. 

“may I have a dance with the beautiful bride?” he asked with his cocky grin and a small bow as he held his hand out. I laughed and placed my hand in his. 

“yes you may” I said and I danced with Jacob next. He was a lot less awkward than my dad, and he was making me laugh the entire time. He was the type of person who made you comfortable in an awkward situation. He was very much my best friend, next to Eddie and Nessie of course. Ever since my mother died and he told me the story of his own mother we had become a lot closer. 

“so.. now you’re my niece im going to embarrass you as much as I embarrass Nessie” Emmett said walking up to me. I smiled shyly at him. He just laughed back and pulled me into a dance. 

“if you’re spending forever with us, you have to get used to me” he grinned. I just laughed. 

“I don’t mind. You’re the entertainment” I told him. 

“too right” he grinned and continued to dance. Dancing with Carlisle was very much like dancing with Edward. It was like I was dancing with a king, he was so formal but it was enjoyable at the same time. When I had made my way through every male in the room I decided to take a break and sit down. I was watching the cullens dance with each other. Noticeably Edward and Bella and Nessie and Eddie. Eddie was making Nessie laugh causing her to fall out of sync with him which just made them both laugh more. I smiled at them, I never had a sibling but watching them I almost wished I had. They were so close as brother and sister, it was adorable, id love to have seen them as children playing. Edward and Bella were like one person. Much like all the other couples in the Cullens, watching Jasper dance with Alice and Emmett with Rose and Carlisle with Esme. It was so astounding watching them with their partners, they all knew each other so well. Being together for so long had them all perfectly in sync. You could see the love radiating off them and I couldn’t wait for 20, 50, 100 years from now when Eddie and I would be like that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment