Tuesday 25 July 2000

Alternate Paragraphs from Chapter 27


Bella's POV

The minute they were out of range I turned to Edward. 

“Edward…” I said carefully. He was finishing his hunt, I didn’t bother going back to mine. I was too concerned with my daughter. 

“mhmm?” he mumbled dropping the elk to the floor. 

“Is Renesmee pregnant?” I asked. the last time I personally threw up my hunt like that I was pregnant with Eddie, i felt a sense of déjà vu watching her. remembering when I was in that position. 

“what- why… why would you say that?” he asked. staring at me in confusion. 

“for a straight A student you can be very unobservant sometimes babe.” I said rolling my eyes. “puking blood. Does it not ring a bell?” I asked. I dropped my shield and recalled the day on isle esme where I found out I was pregnant with Eddie. his face straightened in realisation. 

“oh god” he mumbled his hands covering his face. 

“I was pretty sure I made it perfectly clear to her I didn’t want grandchildren yet” I said. I was trying to lighten the mood but it clearly wasn’t working. He dropped his hands from his face to look at me, he didn’t even crack a smile. I sighed and reached for his hand. “come on” I said and began pulling him towards the direction of home. He ran at my side silently but before we reached the house I stopped him. 


Edward's POV

It was a struggle to separate everyone’s thoughts. People were practically screaming their thoughts out to me. Chloe was furious with her father. Their little show down had everyone on edge. Charlie just wanted to talk to Bella, Jacob was wondering if it was too early to go to bed but the thoughts that really stood out were Chantelle’s. She was hiding something and I was determined to get it out of her. 

The day after we arrived back in Forks, Eddie and Chloe went to meet Richard for lunch, everyone else was doing their own thing. Pancrazio was with Emmett and Jasper in the living room doing their daily playing, Alice had dragged Bella and Rosalie out shopping for the day, as much as my wife argued. Which left me the whole day to make my rounds around my family. I could hear Chantelle in the music room and thought id take the opportunity to fish her mind for what she was hiding from me. 

Clair de lune was being played perfectly. I stood behind her and watched her play. 

“I know you’re there” she said. I moved to sit next to her and smiled. She continued to play and I watched her, remembering her as a child, the sweet, outgoing, playful child that just lit up the room. It almost pained me as much as it did with Renesmee to see her so grown up. she barely looked younger than me. 

“when did you think you couldn’t trust us anymore?” I asked carefully. 

“what?” she asked, stopped playing and turned to look at me. 

“I get the whole rebelling stage, I understand you want to be your own person but since why do you hide things from us? First with your half siblings and now this?” I asked. I was playing against her. I was hoping shed let slip in her mind, that if she thought I already know that shed try to defend herself. 

“I do trust you” she said, although she wasn’t looking in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment