Tuesday 25 July 2000

Alternate Ending of Chapter 36


Renesmee's POV

“Yeah he was in love with her for quite a while. Totally hated it when she got pregnant with Edwards kid, he wanted to kill Nessie, so did Edward. It wasn’t a good time to be in Jacob’s head. All that pain he suffered seeing the girl he loved in pain-” Seth said. My head shot up. 

“What?!” I interrupted. Did I hear what he had said right? 

“Oh god. SETH!” Jacob said once again hitting Seth. 

“You wanted me dead?” I asked my voice breaking. 

“Oh you didn’t know that?” Seth asked. I didn’t answer him. 

“No she didn’t” Jacob said, his voice was sad as he stared at me. 

“What did you mean ‘so did Edward’? Did my dad want to kill me?” I asked. 

“Well not really kill you… he wanted to terminate Bella's pregnancy because you were killing her…” Seth trailed off. 

“So basically he wanted to kill me!” I nearly shouted at him. 

“Ok yeah I guess technically but he didn’t know who you were then, he only cared about Bella” Seth said. The more he talked the worse it got. I think Jacob noticed too. 

“Seth just shut up” Jacob told him. He didn’t look away from my face. I felt the tears already falling from my eyes. My emotions and hormones were heightened and hearing the two most important men in my life wanted me dead at one point completely shattered my heart. I stood up and walked out the room. I ran upstairs and I could hear the chairs moving. I ran into my room and slammed the door shut before I locked it. I walked over to the door linking mine and Eddie’s room and walked into his room. I moved the chest of drawers over to the door and blocked the way. I then went over to his door and locked it before moving over to his bed and lying down. The reason I chose my brothers bed was because mine smelt like Jacob and I really did not want to be reminded of him right now and my parents smelt of my dad. Another man that had wanted to kill me. 

“Nessie?!” Jacob asked. I could tell he was banging on my door. “Renesmee let me explain to you! Please” he begged. I just sobbed harder into my brother’s pillow. 

“What’s going on?” I heard my mom’s voice echo through the house. 

“Renesmee and Jacob are working out some issues” I heard Seth say. 

“Why what happened?” she asked. 

“I kind of sort of accidently mentioned about Edward and Jacob wanting to kill Renesmee when she was still inside you” he admitted, he was timid and reluctant, as if he was telling his parents he had been naughty. I heard my mom sigh and then two sets of feet walk up the stairs. 

“Jacob move” my mom ordered. 

“I need to talk to her.” He said his voice breaking. 

“I know you do Jake but she needs some time ok? She’s pregnant and extremely emotional right now. She probably feels like her heart has been broken and she probably hates you right now. Just give me a minute with her ok?” she asked. 

“Kay…” Jacob mumbled. There was a light knock at the door. 

“Ness can I come in?” she asked, I didn’t reply. “Chloe’s here too, we just want to talk to you” she said. I sighed. 

“In Eddie’s room” I mumbled. I knew my mom would have heard it. I heard her walk over to Eddie’s door. 

“Sweetheart open the door” she said. I climbed off the bed and unlocked the door before collapsing back onto it. My mom walked in, followed closely by Chloe. I was glad Jacob didn’t follow. I felt my mom pull me into a hug on the bed. She kissed my temple and rested her head by mine. Chloe sat cross legged next to me. 

“Did they really try to kill me mom?” I asked, my voice breaking. She kissed me again, this time on my hair. 

“Yes” she said, her own voice breaking. I let out a sob and more tears fell from my eyes. “They didn’t know Nessie… they didn’t have the connection I had with you. They just saw how much you were hurting me and they wanted to save me. They didn’t know that I was already saved,” she said, her voice weak but certain. “You know the feeling; you have your baby growing inside you now. That connection you feel is how I felt with you, you would do anything to save that baby. Even if Jacob didn’t want it wouldn’t you?” she asked. I nodded but didn’t say anything. “I fought for you and I’d do it all over again. So would your father, knowing what he knows now. He would have gotten through it if he knew he’d get you in the end. He did it with Eddie. Your father would never ever forgive himself for thinking you were evil for hurting me. He regrets it every day.” She whispered. I sighed and reached out for Chloe’s hand. I took her hand in mine and held onto the comfort of my best friend. “Your father and husband love you. More than anything, they would do anything for you; they would both die for you. You know that. What they thought then doesn’t matter. You’re here that’s what’s important.” 

“I know but I thought there were no more secrets” I mumbled. 

“I know… I’m sorry Nessie” my mom replied. I moved to sit up, I still had hold of Chloe’s hand and I leant against the head board. My mom sat up sitting next to me. 

“There are no more right?” I asked. 

“No. that’s it” she told me. She sounded like she was telling the truth but could I be sure? Why didn’t I trust the one person that has always fought for me? My mom was the reason I was here right now. My dad didn’t even get credit because if he had had his way I’d be dead. I moved and pulled my mom into a hug. Thank you for fighting for me. I placed in her head. 

“You’re very welcome baby girl” she whispered and gave me a kiss on my cheek. “I love you and so does your dad” she said with a smile. I let a small smile reach my lips. 

“I know” I told her. 

“I think maybe you should go see Jacob.” She said. I sighed and pulled away completely. 

“I guess” I mumbled. 

“Don’t be too hard on him. You’re his world” Chloe said to me with a smile. “You both are” she added looking at my small bump. I nodded and climbed off the bed. I let out a shaky sigh and wiped my eyes and cheeks for any remaining tears. 

I opened the door and Jacob was sitting on the floor right in front of me. He had his knees up to his chest and his arms crossed with his head down. The minute the door opened he looked up at me. I could see him swallow as he stared at me. I walked over to him and knelt down in front of him. I reached out and placed my hands over his arms still crossed. I didn’t look in his eyes. I knelt there taking deep breaths. 

I finally moved his arms so they weren’t crossed and opened his legs so I could get closer to him. I snuggled into his chest and his arms immediately secured around me. 

“I forgive you.” I whispered. “I’m sorry I acted like that.” I added. “It’s all these hormones. They’re sending me crazy” 

I heard him chuckle slightly before he stopped. He secured his arms tighter around me and gave me a kiss on my head. 

“I forgive you too. I should have told you, I just… I didn’t want you to react like you did. You have to know… I didn’t know who you were… I didn’t know you were going to be my imprint. I just didn’t know” he said. His voice breaking slightly. I moved to look up at his face. 

“I know and that’s why I’ve forgiven you” I whispered, resting my hand on his cheek. He looked down at me and smiled my favourite smile. 

“I love you” he told me. 

“I love you too” I said before I sighed and rested my head back against his shoulder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment