Tuesday 25 July 2000

Alternate Chapters from Chapter 20/22


Bella's POV

My mom followed Edward and I into the kitchen, leaving the other four out in the back yard. 

“Bella are you going to explain to me what happened out there?” she asked. I sighed, looking at Edward for support. “Bella tell me” she said. 

“I don’t think you’re going to believe me” I told her weakly. 

“What is he?” she asked. What is he? She hadn’t made the link. 

“Mom…” I said slowly and pointed at the seat. She sat down and held her hands together on the table. 

“I’m ready Bella, I can handle what you think I can’t” she said. I turned to Edward. Do we tell her? I asked him pushing my shield away. His eyes bore into mine for what felt like forever. 

“We may as well” he said as we both sat down opposite her at the table. Renee was watching us with careful eyes. 

“Mom… you need to keep an open mind when we tell you this because I don’t think you’re going to believe me” I told her. 

“Ok…” she said, ready to hear my explanation. 

“Were… we’re... vampires” I said out loud. The word sounded so foreign; for once in my life it wasn’t normal to say the word. A small smile grew on my mom’s face. 

“Ok” she said although she didn’t seem to believe us. I turned to Edward. Does she believe it? 

“Sort of” he answered. Renee’s eyes narrowed. 

“Did I miss something?” she asked. 

“No” I told her. 

“So you’re vampires? And so are Renesmee and Eddie?” she asked. I didn’t understand how she was taking it so easy, maybe she thought it was a joke and she was playing around. 

“Eddie is” I told her. Her eyes narrowed and she nodded. 

“Why haven’t you drank my blood yet?” she asked. I nearly choked on her casual tone; she definitely thought I was joking. 

“Because we don’t drink human blood” I told her. 

“Riiight” she said. 

“You don’t believe me” I told her. She smiled again. 

“No Bella I do I do” she said. 

“You’re lying” Edward said. “But that’s ok. You can make your own assumptions, you know we’re different. You know Bella has changed… a lot and you know our children aren’t normal but that’s ok. Form your own explanation but if you ask us for the truth you’re just going to get what we’ve already told you” Edward said to her. Her eyes softened slightly, as if she believed him, just a little. She stared at us a little longer. 

“Vampires don’t sparkle in sunlight, they burn” she said simply. 

“No they don’t. That’s a myth.” I answered her. 

“Sleep in coffins?” she asked. 

“Myth, we don’t sleep at all” I told her. 

“Garlic?” she asked. 

“Myth” 

“Immortal?” 

“True” I answered. She stopped then, looking me over properly. She sighed. 

“I- I don’t know. I can’t get my head around it” she said to me standing up. I went to go after her but Edwards hand clamped onto my wrist. 

“Give her a minute” he said to me. I sighed and sat back down next to him. 


RENESMEE'S POV end Chapter 20 and Chapter 22 
“I’m gunna get a drink” I said to everyone, standing up from my position on Jacobs lap. 

“I’ll come with you” Chloe said. We both walked into the kitchen and made our way over to the fridge. I went to open the door but paused. Seeing the calendar on the door. I frowned. 

“What date is it?” I asked Chloe. 

“Er the 23rd why?” she asked me. My heart sped up. My eyes scanned over the calendar. Looking at last month then counting the days. 

“No. no no no no no no” I practically screamed. 

“What?” Chloe asked, she was confused. 

No. 

I wasn’t accepting it. I reached out to my best friend, I didn’t want anyone hearing. Not yet. Not until I was sure. 

I’m 3 days late. I’m never late. I placed in her head. Her eyes widened. I felt sick. I couldn’t be pregnant. I wouldn’t believe it. I ran to the sink at that moment and brought up todays hunt. Chloe stood there holding my hair as she hugged my shoulders. Her head resting on my shoulder blades in a comforting gesture. I stared at the blood in the sink. I started the tap and watched it fall down the plug. 

“Renesmee?” I heard from the door. I turned to see my parents as well as Jacob, my brother and grandparents watching me lean over the sink. I caught my father eyes. Daddy I’m sorry. Was all I could think. He knew. He heard it in my mind. His face was emotionless as he stared at me. My hand flew to my stomach. I didn’t expect to feel anything and I was right when I didn’t but as I held my hand up against my body I knew. 

“Shit” I mumbled under my breath and turned back to the sink to empty the rest of my stomach. 

I was starting to go dizzy. It was too overwhelming. I couldn’t be pregnant. I wouldn’t accept it. I didn’t want this. At least not yet. I needed more time. This was meant to be planned. And much much later in life. Later. When I was older. I felt my knees go out and I knew even though chloes arms were around me she wouldn’t be able to support my weight with her human arms. Before I hit the floor I felt a cold set of strong arms grip me and pull me into his chest. I looked up to see my fathers face centimetres from mine seconds before I blacked out. 

I woke up what felt like a second later lying on a bed. I felt a warm hand gripping my left and a cold one gripping my right. my eyes fluttered open. I turned to my right first to see my mom sitting on the edge of the bed. 

“hey sweetheart” she cooed with a smile. I turned my head to the left to see Jacob, he had both hands wrapped around mine and he held it at his mouth. The minute I saw him I felt the tears start to well in my eyes. I looked at the end of the bed to see my dad standing there. No one else was in the room. 

“how are you feeling?” he asked me. I blinked back the tears. 

“sick” I replied and tried to sit up. Jacob and my mom let go of my hands so I could lever my way up from the bed. 

“will you come with me a minute Renesmee?” my mom asked gently. I looked to my right to see her arms outstretched towards me. I nodded slowly and moved from the bed towards her. her arms wound around my waist and she took me towards the bathroom. She turned around and locked the door behind us then walked over to the sink. She lifted the blue box and held it out towards me. I groaned and took it. 

“its not going to work. Its only been a week” I told her. 

“just try it” my mom encouraged. I had no signs of actual pregnancy. The only thing that made me so sick was the idea of it. I sighed and followed the directions for the test. I sat on the edge of the bath as we waited for the results. 

“its time” my mom said looking up from her phone. I sighed and unclenched the stick in my hand. 

Not pregnant. 

My mom sat down next to me on the bath. Not saying anything. she put her hand out towards me so I gave her the stick and rested my head on my hands. She sighed and placed the stick on the sink. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders. I just sat there not saying anything. 

“are you ok?” she asked me. 

“its wrong” I said standing up from the bath. 

“Renesmee…” she said. I turned around to look at her. 

“its wrong” I told her. I didn’t know why I knew I just did. I had never been late. Ever. I also felt it. Inside me, growing. Using me as a life source. 

“ness you’re in denial” she told me. I walked over to the blue box and scanned the instructions and terms and conditions when I found what I was looking for I walked over to her moving my finger to the line I wanted. 

Using this test within the first 2 weeks of pregnancy could prove to be unreliable. For best results take 2-4 weeks after estimated conception. 

My mom sighed. 

“the first time I had sex was a week and 2 days ago mom. I can still be pregnant” 

“yes sweetie but just because you’ve had sex that doesn’t mean you’re pregnant. You’re on the pill” she argued. 

“grandpa said he wasn’t sure if it was going to work. Im not human mom, the pill was a risk which obviously didn’t work.” I said starting to pace the room. 

“your reproductive system is human” she told me. 

“clearly it isn’t” I argued. 

“sweetheart…” she said standing up and walking over to me. 

“mom I know you don’t want grandchildren yet. I know you don’t want this for me. we don’t know what kids jake and I will get and this could be vampire, it could be wolf or human. I get you’re scared. You don’t want to believe it but I know. I know mom. just like you did with me. everyone thought I was impossible. No one believed I could exist. But the minute you missed your period you knew. You knew that even though it was impossible it was true. You were pregnant with me like im pregnant with my own child. I don’t want it mom. I don’t want children yet, im not ready, I wanted it to be planned and later on but I am now and I cant do anything about it. Please believe me.” I plead to her. I needed someone to believe me. 

“I believe you” she said her hand reaching to my face. I smiled slightly. 

“we’re going to tell everyone it was negative. Im going to talk to jake myself” I told her. 

“I have to tell your father. If youre really pregnant I need to tell him” she said. I sighed. 

“only him” I told her. she nodded and placed a kiss on my forehead. “im going to bed” I said to her and we walked out the bathroom. 

“well?” Jake asked. my mom shook her head then to prove it she held out the stick for him to see. He sighed… in relief. 

I tried not to let that get to me. 

“im going to bed” I told everyone and climbed under the covers. Everyone said goodnight to me and left jake and I in our room. 

“you ok?” he asked me. I took the pillow in my arms and hugged it. 

“yep” I answered and closed my eyes, ready for sleep to take over. I felt his weight on the bed, the lights went out and the covers moved as he got comfortable. He moved over to me and his left arm wrapped around my waist. I sighed, not really needing the comfort he was offering. 

“im pregnant jake” I said. 

“no you’re not it was negative” he assured me. I didn’t like the confidence in his voice. The happiness in his voice. 

“It was false” I told him. I felt his lips on my shoulder before he rested his head back behind mine. 

“you’re on the pill” he told me. 

“it didn’t work” I told him. He sighed. 

“you want a baby? now?” he asked. I turned around in his arms so I could see his face. 

“no jake I don’t. I don’t want a child yet. Im not ready, you’re not ready. I wanted us to plan for this, not for it to be a mistake like this but its true. I am pregnant. I know I am.” I told him. Looking him directly in the eyes hoping he would believe me. 

“it said you weren’t ness” he said although he seemed less sure now. 

“it was wrong. Im only a week pregnant” I told him. His face softened. 

“ok but I still want a positive test. We’ll get you another one to do next week ok?” he asked. I nodded 

No comments:

Post a Comment