Tuesday 25 July 2000

Alternate Chapter 42


This chapter is some scenes of c42 in Christians pov, uploaded especially for Samy :)

Christian Wright's POV
“Christian mum and dad are calling you” my oldest sister Evie said coming into the room.
“I know I can hear them” I grinned at her. Evie was my oldest sister and the only one that looked older than me, she was 18. I had another two ‘older’ sisters but they were still physically children. My sisters were only human. Jess was 14 and Lily was 6. I quickly overtook Lily in physical age and I recently surpassed Jess, it wouldn’t be long, one month in fact until I would look older than Evie. I was the closest to Evie, my other two sisters and childlike minds that I couldn’t understand. I truly saw Evie as my big sister, the other two were my little sisters. At least in my mind.
“of course you can” Evie said and rolled her eyes. “you’re going to be late” she said and helped me finish packing.
“we wont.” I said.
“are you nervous?”
“to go to America? No.” I laughed.
“to meet Eddie’s family?” she asked.
“not really. I really want to meet Esther though” I said with a smile.
“course you do” she laughed.
“the way eddie explained her was like shes some really powerful god”
“he made her sound impossible that’s for sure” she answered me.  “come here little brother” she sighed and hugged me.
“im only gone for a week” I told her as I hugged her back.
“doesn’t mean I wont miss you” she smiled at me as we pulled away.
“see you soon” I said and kissed her cheek and I was gone from my room in a second and out the door. My parents were getting in the car, using their vamp speed to pack it. I joined in.
“ready?” my father asked.
“lets go” I grinned and climbed in. I looked out the back window as my sisters waved to us. They were staying because it was the middle of the school year, all of them were in school and Evie was in an extremely important year doing her A Levels, she couldn’t be taking a week trip to America and the other two were still in high school and primary school. I knew id miss my sisters but I was hopeful id be making new friends in America.
I was excited to meet the famous Cullens. My parents had heard about them when they were turned into vampires two years ago. They were on a trip to London where they were caught up in the middle of the vampire war that was going on there. Many people were turned that year, my parents included, they were left to fend for themselves as newborn vampires but luckily they still had each other and they managed to keep each other from feeding on humans. They heard about ‘The Cullens’ that didn’t live on human blood and they sought out more information, they found themselves in Italy where they met with the hybrids that ‘ran’ the vampire world at the time and they told them everything they needed to know, including about the moon pool children. My mum had been a few weeks pregnant when she turned and whilst they mourned the human child that died inside my mother they sought out the moon pool and created me instead.
-----
“hello christian” the glowing blonde woman walked towards me. “my name is esther, its so nice to finally meet you. im sure eddie explained, normally I would have met you as a child but I was unable to leave the country at that time. Im so happy to meet you now” she said, she wasn’t American, not like the rest here were. She had a mix of accents, English, Italian and American all in one.
“you too” I smield at her, I was awestruck. So this was the two thousand year old original. I wanted to talk to her about my ability, I knew she had a similar one but iknew there was a better place.
We will talk later. She placed in my head. I smiled wider. That was awesome, she just smiled back.
“Chrisitan!” I heard eddies voice, I span around to see him coming in with Chloe and two other girls. I walked up to him and we hugged like old friends. I had immediately friended Eddie when he came to see me as a child. In fact i idolised him. He was exactly who I wanted to be. Kind, gentle but clearly strong and fierce.
“id like you to meet my daughters” he told me and kept his arm around my shoulders as he pulled me over to the two girls he brought with him. My eyes fell on the one standing on the right and I couldn’t tear my eyes away. She was beautiful, truly beautiful. Her smile lit up her entire face and I couldn’t help but look her up and down and appreciate the view, a smirk played on my lips. Id never met someone who had this effect on me so instantly. I had met girls before but only human girls. This girl was definitely not human.
“hi” I grinned at her and held my hand out.
“hi” she smiled back at me, she shook my hand but quickly dropped it. I stared into her eyes and i think she was transfixed just as much as I was, the annoying buzz of her mobile phone ripped her gaze away from mine. As she answered her phone I turned to the other girl.
The other girl was beautiful too, she had small features but was clearly related to her sister. Holly seemed fierce and outgoing whereas Avia seemed sweet and shy. I smiled at her kindly and when she shook my hand I kissed the back of hers, it felt almost like I should be bowing for her, there seemed to be a timeless aura about her, almost as if she was royalty. She giggled at me.
As I met with Avia I was listening closely into Holly’s phone conversation, it seemed she was speaking to another guy and they were arranging to meet. She had a boyfriend then.
“who was that your boyfriend?” I asked when she smiled at me, I didn’t understand why she was trying to flirt with me when she clearly had aboyfriend.
“no” she answered innocently.
“but you’re going to see him at eleven?” I asked, raising my eyebrows to catch her out with her lie.
“he’s a friend” she answered.
“Ok” I smiled although I didn’t quite believe it. I brushed Eddie’s hand, he already knew what I was doing as I absorbed his power into me. I didn’t read their minds like I could have done at this moment, Eddie and Holly clearly had some private conversation, but I kept hold of Eddie’s power in case I needed it. I had the ability to copy powers, much like Esther although I couldn’t keep the powers I learnt. Once I copied one, I couldn’t use any of the previous powers I had. I didn’t have to ‘learn’ them like Esther did though; I could use them immediately after learning them. I found that out when I took Eddie’s ability as a child, I then tried to copy another and I lost Eddie’s. Eddie’s had been my favourite to have too, it was just so handy.
“wanna come ot with me?” Holly asked me, I beamed a smile at her. so she did like me.
“sure” I exclaimed. She took my hand and pulled me towards the door. My father called me back and I told Holly to wait just a second.
“you’re only two years old Christian, remember that” he told me with a stern stare.
“I will” I told him and went to find holly again.
------
“stop teasing him” her friend laughed and I immediately went cold. She was teasing me? did that mean she didn’t actually like me? Had this all just been a game to Holly? I suddenly felt like a fool. I was young and trusted Holly, I shouldn’t have. I latched onto her mind then and I saw her regret. She didn’t actually mean to tease me but planned to rectify it. I didn’t react quick enough as she pulled me into a kiss. I was very confused but it only took me a second to kiss her back. She did like me. I could se eit in her head. I kissed her back feverishly and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I held onto her upper thighs as I kissed her.
“holly?” a voice called. Holyl went stiff and quickly jumped off me.
“hey Jace” she smiled shyly at the huge guy standing behind me. if It wasn’t for his heart beat telling me he was human I might have been slightly scared. He towered over me, even though I was six foot this guy had to be six foot seven.
“you said eleven I was worried, you wouldn’t answer your phone” the giant frowned and then looked me up and down. I didn’t like the way he was looking at me. this was the guy on the phone to holly earlier?
“What the hell are you doing with a moon pool kid?” he asked.
“jace” she scolded him and began pushing him towards the door of the club. I followed.
“calm down!” she ordered him when we were outside in the fresh air.
“are you going to explain?” he asked, he was physically shaking.
“there is nothing to explain” she answered, crossing her arms across her chest. She looked hot when she was angry.
 “You were kissing him” he yelled. “He’s like two right? He’s the third one. There are only three! One’s a woman and ones your father so that only leaves the freaking kid”
“This guy knows about us?” I asked. He was human, or seemed to be.
“He’s a shape shifter. Like my uncle and my cousins.” she explained.
“The wolves?” i asked. I hadn’t met any of them yet but Eddie explained all about them when I was a child.
“Yeah, that’s why he’s shaking, he’s angry and close to phasing, just stand back”
“You stand back!” i panicked. Eddie had told me how volatile they can be. This guy could easily hurt holly.
“I’m fine he wouldn’t hurt me, you however I can’t be so sure” she told me, before turning back to Jason. “Jace we’re not exclusive. We said when we started this whole thing that we weren’t dating, you’re not my boyfriend” His shaking slowed and he finally looked at Holly. Hurt was clear on his face. And he was hurt; I could see it in his mind. I was silently glad I had copied Eddie’s ability before leaving with Holy. I could see how much he loved her. Really loved her, but it was hidden, like he knew it was wrong and shouldn’t ever show it.
“Right. Sorry. Here’s me thinking what we’ve been doing the past year meant nothing!” he yelled.
“We agreed that it wouldn’t! What are you trying to say?”  Holly argued.
“He’s in love with you” I told her, I didn’t know how she didn’t notice it. His actions, his thoughts, even his body language screamed to me that he loved her.
“Stay the hell out of this bloodsucker.” Jason snarled at me.
“Jason stop it!” Holly growled.
“Sorry, but it’s clear he is.” I shrugged. There was something between these two and I don’t even think Holly realised. I had been a fool to think she wasn’t taken.
“You don’t know anything” Jason growled. Oh how wrong he was, I already knew him better than Holly did.
“Jace, it is just sex, you said I could see other guys… you can see other girls”
“I didn’t though!” he shouted back. “I didn’t want to. I only want you. I’ve never wanted anything as badly as I want you. From the moment we met on that cliff top. It’s all I’ve ever wanted and im glad to have you, in any way you let me but this… this just hurts Holly.”
“What?” she gasped, she took a step towards him but he had already turned and started to leave us. “Jace!” Holly screamed.
 “I thought you said he was an ex” I said to her, I couldn’t help the disappointment in my voice. there was no way id get Holly. She was beautiful and exquisite, we had an immediate connection but she was promised to another. I could see it in her own mind that she was conflicted over how she felt about Jason.
“It’s more complicated than that, Im sorry I kissed you and got you into this”
“Im not” I  told her. “But I think whatever we have, needs to be put on hold. You seem to have something with that Jason guy. The way you looked at each other just then… I don’t think it’s just sex what you two have” her beautiful face creased into a frown.
“Well he hates me now”
“Do you love him?” I asked, the question shocked her, she questioned it in her head before answering
“I don’t know”
 “Then go work it out. If it works, it was meant to be. If it doesn’t, give me a call” I told her with a sincere smile. I really liked her but there was no point in pursuing her right now. I knew that. She kissed me on my cheek and thanked me.
“You know the way back?” She asked
“Of course I do” I smiled at her. I memorised the route here, I could easily get back but first I had to go back into the club and get Holly’s necklace back.
------
The argument unfolded before me, I could see how hurt Holly was because her own father didn’t trust her but she didn’t see his side like I could. Eddie just wanted her to be happy, he truly loved his daughter, more than I could personally understand or even begin to fathom without having children of my own and he knew that her relationship with Jason was going to end bad. There was no doubt about it and he couldn’t understand why she was setting herself up for heartbreak.
“I’ll talk to her” I told my friend when Holly left the house. Eddie nodded to me.
“Thanks” he said. I smiled at him before following after Holly. It was easy to catch up to her.
“Holly listen to me,” I shouted, she stopped immediately. I didn’t expect it to be that easy.
“You and your stupid moon pool speed and sexy accent!”
“You think my accent is sexy?” I asked, a smile playing on my lips.
“Stop it!” she yelled at me. “Just stop it and go away.”
“Holly,” I sighed, my smile falling from my face and I pulled her into a hug. she tried to fight but i held her tighter, she needed to be restrained, she needed to cry and be angry and I would be here for her all the way. She eventually gave up and just cried. I stroked her hair as she cried.
As I held her I knew I wouldn’t be enough for her. She needed her wolf and even though I wished I was enough for her, I knew I wasn’t. I found her phone in her back pocket and gently pulled it out. Quickly texting Jason.
A mile north of Eddie’s house. Come quick. Christian.
I pressed send just as Holly began to calm down and talk.
“I’ve never seen my dad yell at me like that. I hate that he doesn’t like Jason. He doesn’t understand.”
“I think he does. He just doesn’t want to see you hurt,” I tried to soothe her.
“It’s not his life.”
“I know and I’ll talk to him for you. I promise,” I told her, Eddie and I were already friends and I understood him in ways his own daughter didn’t. She smiled up at me.
“Thank you,” she said softly. i kissed her forehead, memorising the feeling of her skin against mine. The wolf would be here any second.
“I’ll always be a friend to you Holly,” i said with a smile. If I couldn’t love her, I would at least be her friend. She deserved everything she wanted and I would make sure she got it.
“Holly!” I heard a gasp; I looked above Holly’s head to see Jason coming up to us.
“Jace? Why are you here?” Holly gasped with relief. She turned to look at me and I held up her phone and smiled at her.
“Thank you,” she told me sincerely, in her mind I could see she understood. She knew I liked her, a lot and a lot more than just a friend but she was grateful I was giving her time. I couldn’t just come into her life and expect something from her. I would have to be her friend first.
Maybe in the distant future we’ll have our time. But for now you need him. I placed in her head, her eyes widened in shock. I put my finger to my lips and winked at her.
“Shh,” I said and looked back to Jason.
Look after her. I placed in his head. He nodded to me.
Thanks. He said to me as he pulled Holly into his arms. I turned and began walking back to the house, leaving Holly with Jason. I hoped Eddie wouldn’t hate me for that but Holly needed to be with him, I saw that, she loved him and he loved her. I didn’t understand imprinting, not really and I knew that’s what they were afraid of but when two people love each other that much, no matter if its spoken or not it shouldn’t be kept apart. The short time I had spent with Holly had woken emotions I didn’t even know I had. I had felt complete, as if nothing was missing when I was with her. I didn’t know what that meant. I didn’t know if that meant I should be with her or not but I understood I had to wait. Holly needed Jason. We had forever to see what our connection meant and id just be here for her until she needed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment