Tuesday 25 July 2000

Alternate Chapter 36 RTS


Jasper's POV

There were a lot of mixed emotions in the house as I came down the stairs on Friday evening. I felt a pull into the living room. Rosalie and Bella were laughing infectiously; I smiled at them, feeling their happiness radiating the room. I walked out the room, continuing the search for my wife. I heard her contagious laugh from the kitchen so I made my way into the room. Alice was sitting on the kitchen island swinging her legs backwards and forwards as she spoke to Edward. The moment I stepped in the room she instantly looked up and smiled at me, unable to resist I smiled back and made my way to her side. I could feel the familiar happiness, love and adoration from her as I wrapped my arm around her back. I kissed her temple and looked over to Edward; I felt his emotions shift from happy to concerned, then to angry and then to pissed off. He stood up from the chair. 

“Excuse me” he muttered walking out of the kitchen and through the front door. 

“What’s going on?” Alice asked. I shrugged; it was weird hearing her ask what was going on. She always knew what was going on. It must have involved Jacob or Renesmee. 

“Renesmee go inside please, I want to talk to Jacob alone” I heard Edward say from just behind the front door. 

“What’s going on?” Renesmee asked. 

“Jasper honey, can you go out there and calm your brother down please? I don’t want Renesmee getting upset.” Esme asked, I nodded to her and made my way out of the house, immediately feeling Edwards rage, Renesmee’s confusion and Jacob's usual cockiness. Metaphorically, I threw a bucket over Edward's fire. He groaned. 

“Jasper, I need to be annoyed otherwise this won’t be as threatening as it is meant to be” he murmured to me. 

“I heard that” Jacob said. 

“So did I” Renesmee said, I noticed Jacob squeeze her hand that was tightly in his grasp. “Daddy what’s going on?” Renesmee moaned. 

“I don’t like that Jacob saw you in a towel.” 

“Dad it was nothing honestly” Renesmee said, I was pleasantly surprised that she was so calm about this. 

“It’s not happening again I don’t want him sleeping with you again.” 

“If I find out Chloe sleeps with Eddie again then there will be an again. It’s not fair.” Jacob fought back. Edward narrowed his eyes at him, his anger burning again. I could feel Jacob too, the fire getting brighter and stronger. 

“Go find a bone or something Jacob. Let the situation calm down. Edward has had less than 10 minutes to think about this.” Emmett said appearing next to me. I heard Rosalie laugh from the living room at Emmett’s dog joke. Jacob just glared at him. “I’m serious. It’s his daughter Jacob. He isn’t exactly experienced with handling kids. I don’t know what I’m going to do when Chantelle gets her first boyfriend. I’ll be just as furious if a man saw my little girl in a towel” Emmett said. I felt a wave of nervousness from Renesmee. As if something in Emmett’s statement was wrong. I looked at Edward’s reaction; he had a blank expression as he watched Renesmee, no clue in his face as to what Renesmee was thinking. 

“It’s not fair on Renesmee! Edward treats her like a child whereas Eddie is already an adult going through the hard times of loving a human. Renesmee is 2 years older than him!” Jacob fought, he started to shake. 

“Jakey calm down” Renesmee said to him. 

“No” he murmured. 

“I don’t care that I’m treated differently. I understand it!” she said to him. 

“But Nessie I don’t. Explain to me why it’s ok to treat you differently to your brother.” 

“What’s going on? Edward I thought we said we were going to leave it” Bella said to him as she came out to join us, I felt his anger lessen as he heard her voice at his side. 

“But love…” he began looking down at her. She placed her hand on his arm; they stared at each other for a good 20 seconds. She was clearly telling something in her head. I could feel Edward’s mood shift, he was still angry but there was a more tranquil feel to him now Bella was with him. 

“I can’t explain why it’s ok Jacob. It just doesn’t bother me. I know my dad loves me, he’s just protecting me, he let you stay with me, and he lets me be with you. That’s enough for me.” Renesmee continued. I could feel her love for her father as she spoke. Edward smiled, he felt it too. Jacob sighed. It still bothered him but he dropped it. 

“The towel thing won’t happen again” Renesmee said to Edward. “Promise. Just please don’t ban us from being together” she asked him. He nodded and we all made it back into the house. Jacob was still angry but Edward seemed to have calmed down a lot. I watched Bella sit down on his lap, their love radiating in waves. I actually loved being around them, their love was infectious. It just made me incredibly happy and it was even better when Alice was with me. All of my happiest moments were with Alice but I couldn’t deny the incredible feeling I got when I was in a room with Edward and Bella. That was until they started getting a little bit too heated up. It was ridiculous when Bella first turned, that was ALL she felt when she was with him, but now, it was a peaceful and tranquil kind of love, one that was unique to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment