Tuesday 25 July 2000

Additional Paragraph from Chapter 2


Eddie's POV

I was down the stairs in a flash; I wanted this to be quick so I could talk to Chloe about it. I paused at the bottom of the stairs, adjusting to the sounds in the house. I was so in tune to everyone now that I could tell where someone was just by their breathing, even with all the noise of the party. I located my dad in the study with my grandfather. I opened the door slightly, hoping they’d let me in. 

“Come in” my grandfather said. 

“Hi” I muttered going into the room and closing the door. 

“Can we help you?” my grandfather asked. 

“Yeah… I just need to talk to my dad. Is that ok?” I asked, I didn’t want to offend him. 

“Of course, I’ll go and check on the party” he said leaving me with my father in the large study. 

“What’s wrong son?” he asked taking a seat one of the arm chairs. I sat down in the one next to it but leant over my knees, resting my arms against my thighs. 

“It’s Chloe” I told him. His face didn’t change; he just waited for me to explain. “I’m guessing you must have heard it in her mind but she doesn’t think she’s worthy of me. I just… I asked her if she wanted us to get married and I even asked her if she wanted us to… well to have sex” I said to him, his face stayed straight so I continued. “It’s frustrating! I mean she doesn’t see… she doesn’t see herself properly, she thinks I’m some sort of god and she’s a servant or something. She doesn’t see us equal.” I said to him, his face broke into a small smile. “I’m guessing mom thought the same thing?” I asked, his smile was one of nostalgia not amusement. He nodded. 

“Your mother felt exactly the same, that’s why she was so adamant about being changed. If Chloe is half as stubborn as your mother you have a real treat in store for you. There isn’t much anyone can say to her that is going to convince you are equal. In her eyes you are not. You are this gorgeous immortal, selfless creature and she’s the opposite.” He told me. 

“So what do I do? Change her? Prove to her she’s my equal? I mean mom is without a doubt your equal now.” I asked. He nodded slowly. 

“That’s the only way she’s going to feel worthy of you. You can show her over and over again how much you love her, how much she’s the only one you see and that you’re completely hers, and she’ll believe you. In fact I know she believes you but there is always that nagging doubt inside her. Amanda, Esther… any girl that simply looks at you.” he said trailing off. I nodded. 

“Alright, I think I should talk to her about it then” I said standing up from the chair. 

“Eddie… there are a lot of things to consider when discussing about changing Chloe. We don’t know if you’re venomous, you might not be able to do it. There is also marriage and children to consider. Don’t be making any promises to try tonight. I know what her answer will be. She’ll want you to change her and she’ll want it as soon as possible but there are other people to consider. Renesmee” he said. I turned back and nodded to him. 

“Not tonight. I don’t think I could go through that just yet anyway. I’ll talk to her” I told him he smiled his fatherly smile at me that always made me feel he was proud of me. 

“Good luck” he said. I knew my father all too well he was secretly happy that it wasn’t him. 

“Oh just cos your time is over dealing with human girl issues doesn’t mean you aren’t gunna help me with mine” I said. He laughed. 

“Oh I know. I’m happy to give you advice. Just don’t give in too easy. Make a compromise and keep her mind in a reasonable order. Just your presence sends her off the edge” he said as I reached the door. I turned back to look at him. 

“Are you saying that out of experience dad?” I asked a smile tugging on my lips. 

“Oh yes.” He grinned the smile that was identical to mine. Or should I say mine was identical to his. “Also because I can read her mind… you can too. Use that for your advantage. I never had it” he said. 

“Thanks dad” I said. 

“You’re welcome son” he replied and I left the study and returned back to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment